Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Stir Crazy - Asian Food

I've made it to my cheat week, yay!! After eating boiled and baked chicken and/or fish with steamed or raw greens for 53 days, this is my all I can feast on week. Growing up, mom and dad both worked. Dad loves home cooked meals and mom still loves to cook. But my parents loved to dine out, and we would eat out a lot. There were certain places that we visited so many times that the owners and chefs knew who we were. Chinese cuisine must be the most popular cuisine worldwide. They have something for everyone, whether you are a vegetarian, like bland food, or spicy food!

Stir Crazy Spring RollsMonday, my sister and I decided to hit up our favorite restaurant, Stir Crazy, which is located at Boca Raton's Town Center Mall. Everything about this place is amazing. There are several items to choose from and everything is flavorful and fresh.

My sister and I both have our own favorites. She likes the passion fruit spritzer and I always order the homemade ginger ale (mind you, the ginger ale isn’t on the menu). The ginger ale is perfect for the warm South Florida weather. We always share an order of their vegetable spring rolls. The veggies inside are cooked right, the outside is crunchy but never hard. If you like spicy bold taste, be sure to ask your server for the hot sauce. We desis want hot sauce with everything!
Stir Crazy Blazing Noodles 
For our main course, my sister got her usual – Blazing Noodles. Since the chicken served at Stir Crazy isn't “kosher/halal” she got tofu with hers. You can order it with shrimp too. The Blazing Noodles are probably one of the spiciest items on the menu. It isn't a sweet spicy; it’s a true spicy with a hint of sourness to it. The menu doesn't state it, but scallions are used. My sister is very picky (which is probably why she’s so tiny).

I also got my usual favorite – Bangkok Noodles. I always ask for mine without the chicken as well, and no bamboo shoots. You can try this with shrimp, and though I love shrimp, I am slightly allergic to shrimp, so I try to avoid them (eating too many shrimp cause my lips to swell). The sauce used in this noodle bowl is on the mild side and is very creamy. I think tofu and bamboo shoots make the entrĂ©e too bland. Also, the red curry sauce used is made of peanuts – heads up to those that have allergies
to peanuts.

Stir Crazy Bangkok Noodles
Eating less and healthy things has trained me in a way that I sometimes am amazed at my new habits. Normally in the past whenever I had Bangkok Noodles, I would leave the veggies and would eat all the flat wheat noodles first. This time however, I picked on the yummy veggies first. I had a lot leftover, and so did my sister, but we basically go to Stir Crazy for their dessert!

Banana Wontons!! One of a kind dessert that no other dessert can come close to. Ever! Warm wontons, stuffed with bananas, covered in sugary cinnamon coupled with cool vanilla ice cream, drizzled with caramel – it’s simply out of this world! If nothing else, I definitely would recommend stopping in at Stir Crazy and having just the banana wontons and then walking around the mall to un-do some of the damage.  
Stir Crazy Banana Wontons

There’s no holding me back while I treat myself to more yummy meals this week. Graduation is in less than 60 days, which means in the coming days (Sunday-ish most prbably) I will be back to eating clean. For now though, stay tuned to read about some more awesome So Flo restaurants this Desi Girl will embark upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment